The candidates applying for admission against any category of seat must have passed the F.Sc (Pre Medical) examination from a Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education in Pakistan with at least 60% unadjusted marks (660/1100).
Passed an examination of Foreign University/Board which in scope and standard is found equivalent to the F.Sc (Pre Medical) examination of Pakistan subject to the following:
- The examination is recognized as equivalent to F.Sc (Pre Medical) by the IBCC. It shall be responsibility of the candidates to settle their cases with IBCC and should get equivalence certificate from IBCC, Islamabad only for recognition of their qualification The equivalence certificate must be attached with the application form before the closing date.
- Provisional equivalence certificate issued by the Inter Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC) shall only be entertained for the Entrance Test and not for Admissions.
- The candidates has obtained marks equivalent to unadjusted 60% of F.Sc total marks (660/1100) according to the formula laid down by the Inter Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC) Islamabad.
- The equivalent certificate of such candidate will not be accepted if he/she has not studied and passed the subjects of chemistry Biology and Physics/ Mathematics in his/her 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th Grade/’O’ or ‘A’ level or other equivalent examination recognized by the IBCC. He/ She must have passed English as a subject at ’O’ or ‘A’ level.
- Only the Converted Marks Certificates issued by the Inter Board Committee of Chairmen will be accepted. The Equivalence of marks will be on the basis of a certificate issued by IBCC.
For further information
Islamabad Address: Secretary IBCC (Inter Board Committee of Chairmen) House No.342, Street No.97, Sector-G-9/4 Islamabad.
Lahore Address: Regional Office at (BISE) Board of Intermediate & Secondary Education, 86 Mozang Road, Lahore, Punjab. Ph: 042-99203893
All candidates must provide evidence of non-infectivity with Hepatitis B and C, as well as immunization against Hepatitis B before they are permitted to register with the FMH College of Medicine & Dentistry at the beginning of the course. There are no exceptions to this requirement. Any student with physical disabilities, which may hamper the candidate’s ability to practice dentistry, may not be considered for admission.
No admission shall be given without an entry test or SAT II score of 550 marks. Only those Pakistani national students and foreigners, who have obtained the required qualifications, for the entry test from abroad, shall be eligible for admission on the foreign seats and shall either have to appear in the entry test or present the UHS, the requisite SAT score. The students who are residing abroad or who have achieved their qualifications required for the entry test from abroad shall be eligible for being considered for admission on the normal seats and shall be eligible to appear in the entry test if they have passed three science subjects out of which two have to be Biology and Chemistry.
The candidates having minimum SAT II score of 550 marks shall be exempted from the entry test and shall be required to appear only in the interview. TOFEL or IELTS score of 500 or 5.5 shall be required from the students who have obtained their required qualifications from those institutions where the medium of instruction for these qualifications is not English.
An alternate to TOFEL and IELTS is a certification by NUML Islamabad after a one-year English language Course.